Lofty Dreams and Prosaic Realities

Friday, January 2, 2015
While we are on holiday Rob and I are going to indulge in an afternoon of diary planning.

We have a lot going on this year, from weddings to house-building to school committees and book writing, and everything in between, and careful planning is sometimes needed and necessary to keep organised and on top of things.

But in the midst of all this prosaic practicality, I don't want to lose sight of what my soul needs, and what my dreams are. So in my traditional new year posting, I bring you a collection of my photographs from the past year with some of my favourite quotes that I hope to aspire to this year.

 This is what I hope for 2015.




It is the soul that shines.



I have many dreams, and thousands of realities. This year I hope to work on one of those dreams.


One thing I learned from 2014 is that nobody has a perfect life.


And 2014 was life-changing for me. I will never be the same again. I hope that helps me be stronger.


And if I fail, there's always tomorrow.



I think this is the best thing I have heard. Think about it. It's so true.


Since 1993, I have always thought the worst about everything. I convinced myself that if I did that there would be no surprises. No unexpected tragedies. It doesn't work.
This year, I'm holding this quote close to my heart.


and will look for the hidden places.


and be thankful for a God who cares about my soul.



It is not hard to forgive, if you have love first.


I am coming to terms with my acute autobiographical memory, and learning to live with it, and enjoy it.


Remembering that God is not a God of fear.


This year I will pursue my dreams. I am afraid of failure. Terribly, terribly afraid, so I will do my best to fly and not think of the fall.




I wish you all a wonderful 2015 full of peace and calm and faith and joy, the strength to climb the mountains of challenge that loom over your valleys.

2 comments :

A Little Blue Dragonfly said...

I love this post, Rachel. Wishing you a beautiful 2015! *hugs* :)

Mother of Pearl said...

Thanks for the wonderfully encouraging post, Rachel!
I will have to write some of these down and remember them.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design